Please see the following important information regarding tonight's event, with sections for everyone, those taking the buses, and those parking at the event.
MUST KNOWS FOR EVERYONE
1. BRING IDS: No one enters the event without proper state or federal PHOTO IDs showing that you are over 21 years of age. Everyone will be carded on entry. No Exceptions.
2. NO RE-ENTRY TO THE PARTY: BRING YOUR COATS IN WITH YOU, DON'T LEAVE THEM IN THE CAR. PRETEND THIS IS A SPORTING EVENT. YOU CANNOT LEAVE AND THEN COME BACK IN.
3. ADMISSION ENDS AT 11:00 P.M.: after 11 p.m., admission points become exit points.
4. BRING CASH; BRING CASH; BRING CASH; BRING CASH; (one more time) BRING CASH -- WE WILL NOT HAVE ATMS, AND WE MAY NOT HAVE ABILITY TO TAKE CREDIT CARDS -- Wifi is spotty at best, and some vendors (including the IBC) have given up on taking cards. Let's turn this into a positive -- lines will move MUCH faster if cash only.
5. WEAR WARM STUFF: Our outdoor bonfire is a go (YIPPY!) and there is a safe amount of space heaters inside, but we can't simply fill the inside space with space-heaters due to concerns like Carbon Monoxide
7. DANCE YOUR EFFING ARSE OFF -- We'll have well over 1000 people at this thing. If we heat that dance floor with moving bodies, then we'll heat that AC Powerhouse up just fine.
1. ARRIVE BY 7:15, SO THAT WE CAN BEGIN LOADING. BRING YOUR EVENTBRITE TICKET. BUSES WILL BE GONE BY 7:30, SO DO NOT COME LATE.
2. THE INDEPENDENT WILL BE OPEN FROM 5 P.M. UNTIL 7 P.M. WITH LAST CALL AT 6:45, IN AN EFFORT TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO BE EARLY. WE WILL BEGIN LINING PEOPLE UP AT 7 P.M. SO WE ARE READY TO LOAD THE FIRST BUS WHEN IT ARRIVES. BAR MARCO WILL BE OPEN AND WILL BEGIN LOADING ITS BUS AT 7:15.
3. TO RETURN HOME, BUSES WILL BEGIN LOADING AT 1 A.M. PROMPTLY AND WILL LEAVE AT 1:15 A.M. MAKE YOUR WAY OUT OF THE VENUE QUICKLY AND ORDERLY AND FIND THE BUS (OR BUSES) HEADING BACK TO YOUR INITIAL LOCATION.
4. KEEP YOUR TICKET!!!! YOU'LL NEED IT TO CHECK BACK ONTO THE BUS TO GO HOME.
PARKING AT THE FURNACE
1. THE FURNACES ARE LOCATED HERE (THERE'S NO ADDRESS): https://www.google.com/maps/place/Carrie+Furnacesemail@example.com,-79.890068,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x8834ee421583acd7:0xe70cabeb1766711c
2. THERE ARE SIGNS TO THE CARRIE FURNACE FROM THE BRADDOCK EXIT NEAR THE RANKIN BRIDGE: FOLLOW THEM CAREFULLY.
3. YOU NEED A PARKING TICKET. AN ATTENDANT WILL PARK YOU AND WILL REQUEST YOUR TICKET UPON ARRIVAL.
GETTING DROPPED OFF AT THE FURNACES:
1. WE WILL HAVE A DROP OFF SECTION. TELL YOUR DRIVER (who is presumably named Jeeves and is a highly competent valet) TO EXPLAIN (Politely, and preferably in a British accent) TO THE PARKING ATTENDANTS THAT THEY ARE DROPPING OFF. THEY WILL BE INSTRUCTED WHERE TO DROP OFF. THEN THEY WILL BE CAREFULLY MONITORED UNTIL THEY PULL OUT. IN OTHER WORDS, NO FUNNY STUFF, LEBOWSKI.